Wondering how to transfer Whatsapp data from android to iOS?
Then you are in the right place. Check out this post for the working methods to transfer Whatsapp data to iOS from Android device.
Transferring the WhatsApp data from Android To iOS
Since smartphones came into existence, Android and iOS have been at war. Android provides ease and convenience, while iOS provides safety and security.
Many people believe that switching from Android to iOS will rob you of essential data, such as WhatsApp messages, media files, and similar information.
The data on Android will have to be bid farewell since you are moving to iOS, but if the data is related to the apps then you can manually move them to the new system.
People who can’t possibly stay away from WhatsApp due to the fact that it is an instant messaging app. Though it is popular, it can be difficult to use because data migration is not possible regardless of the device you’re switching to.
There is no way to move the chat data between two different operating systems in WhatsApp. On Android, the data can be backed up by Google Drive, while on iOS, iCloud is used to store the data for future use.
This means that syncing data across two different operating systems is not possible. In the case of Telegram, you can keep the data as it has an auto backup, which allows you to log into multiple devices and sync your data across platforms.
The following guide will explain how in just a few simple ways you can switch to another OS while preserving your data, especially the data related to WhatsApp.
Easy Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iOS
The following are the top three methods for moving WhatsApp data from Android to iOS.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by 1 Click
The simplest and most effective way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is with MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer. The application, which is part of MobileTrans, supports the direct transfer of WhatsApp data between devices.
Follow the steps below to complete the transfer:
- On your PC, launch MobileTrans and click on the “WhatsApp Transfer” button. Connect your Android and iOS devices to the computer as well.
- Select WhatsApp from the sidebar and choose “Transfer WhatsApp Messages” from the options provided.
- Both connected devices will be automatically detected by the application and marked as source or destination. It is possible to flip them if their placement is wrong by clicking on the “Flip” button.
- Click “Start” when you’ve made sure that the iPhone is the destination device. From Android to iPhone, you will be able to transfer WhatsApp chats. Previously, if you used WhatsApp on iPhone, its existing data would be erased.
The transfer of WhatsApp chats would be completed in no time. If the process is successful, you will be notified so that you can remove your devices safely.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Email Chat
It is not possible to directly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by restoring the backup, but there are other options. We can email dedicated conversations to any contact in WhatsApp. So, you can maintain a backup of some selected chats by emailing them to yourself.
Though you will not be able to restore the same chats to WhatsApp, you can access them on your new iPhone. This essential feature allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Email chat:
- Open WhatsApp and select any conversation you wish to save.
- Click on More (the three-dot or hamburger icon) on the top and then select Email Conversation.
- You can choose to include or exclude attached media files. It is usually recommended to exclude it since email servers limit emails to 20 MB.
- Your WhatsApp chats will then be attached to a text file via Gmail’s native compose interface. Save it as a draft or enter your email address.
- Later, you can access the same email account on your iPhone 13 and download your chats.
You can only view your chat history on iPhone 13 in a text file, but you will not be able to access it in WhatsApp like normal. Additionally, this method is only recommended to save a few conversations and not to move the entire WhatsApp data.
That’s all about the ways to transfer Whatsapp data from Android to iOS.
It is clear from the above that the native solution will not result in what you are hoping for. In contrast, MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer is the best solution for transferring WhatsApp messages directly from Android to iOS.
It can also be used to backup and restore WhatsApp, Viber, Line, WeChat, and Kik chats.