Are you wondering how to get XCode for PC?
Then you are in the right place. Check out this post and learn how to download XCode for PC Windows.
What is XCode?
Xcode is an Integrated Development Environment developed by Apple Inc. for developing software for Mac OS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. It was released in 2003. There is no charge for the recent release of Xcode for macOS Catalina users.
Coding languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, Apple-Script, Ruby, Python, and Swift. Third-party software supports GNU Pascal, Free Pascal, and GO.
IDEs provide a wide variety of tools for designing and developing applications, such as compiling, debugging, and more. Command Line Tool (CLT) is the tool that enables the UNIX-style development without installing the main IDE.
Best Features of XCode
Following are some of the best features of XCode:
Apple TV and tvOS
The TVML language, like XML, is a new interface language between TV screens and native code. There are many features that are available in iOS as well in tvOS.
The new Xcode now supports DevOps and continuous integration can be used to manage a scalable DevOps.
Developers can connect any device to this feature, which means they don’t have to worry about the device’s compatibility. This makes the development process easier.
Game developers can create iOS games easier with the Gameplay Kit. ReplayKit allows viewing of replays of games.
Swift codes can be used to create layouts easily. When the users edit the Swift file, Xcode shows the real interface of the app. Adding animations and stuff is easy.
Users can get a look at a Minimap on the left side of their code. This feature allows users to go through codes fast and easily.
In the minimap section, the documentation looks much better in the newer versions with much bolder text.
Transform iPad Apps to Mac
A user can easily transfer software from iPads to Macs with this software. In order to do this, users should go to the Project Managers section and check the appropriate boxes.
System Requirements to download XCode for PC
Xcode supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 and the following are the few requirements you need to meet in order to install it.
- First you need a working Mac OS X virtual machine on VMware or Virtual Box.
- Then you need Downloaded Xcode package from Apple site. But remember You need to have Apple ID in order to download Xcode from Apple store.
- Dual Core Intel processor
- Minimum 2GB of RAM (Recommended: 4 GB+)
- Hardware Virtualization
How to download Xcode for PC?
The following are the steps that you need to follow to install Xcode on Windows virtual box:
- First of all you have to download and install VMware or VirtualBox on your Windows Pc. If you do not know that from where to download, click on VirtualBox. From here, it can downloaded for free as it is open source.
- Then, the next you have to download and install OSX Mavericks ISO as a virtual machine.
- Now you have to open virtual box and click on New to create the virtual machine on your oracle virtual box.
- As soon as you will click on the New button, a new window will open which will ask for new name of operating system. In this, enter Name as OSX, Type of the OS as Mac OS X and also enter the Version as Mac OS X (32 bit) and then hit enter.
- Now it is needed to select the RAM size for downloading free xcode for windowsto the virtual machine. The maximum memory required is 1024 MB (1 GB) for Android to run on your Windows Pc. Select the required size and hit enter.
- Now it’s time to create virtual hard drive file.
- After it, for selecting Hardware file, always go for VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) n terms of ISO image. When you are done click next.
- Choose the physical hard drive as Dynamically allocated. From physical hard drive on your device, allocate the file location as well as android size. Then hit create.
- If you are done correctly with all these steps mentioned, it means you have successfully created virtual machine on your virtual box. Now what is remaining is iso file, that was downloaded previously. For this, Go to Settings >> Storage >> Load iso File >> Click Ok >> Start.
- To install xcode for windows 8.1 download, the next you have to do is follow the on-screen steps of OSX boot as Wizard and then OSX will be installed in Oracle Virtual easily.
- Now open official Apple App store by opening safari browser by signing into the App store Apple ID and password.
- To get the complete package, type xcode in the search box after signing up. As you hit enter the search option, it will show you various related apps and from these apps select the xcode and click on Free and Download. Then click on OK to download the file.
- Now as you finish the installation of it, open it from the applications of the computer and provide your root credential to install Xcode for windows pc components,along with the system settings. Enter your name as well as password and click on OK.
- What’s next? That’s all. You have installed latest Xcode version on your Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7 PC using desktop virtualization software VMware workstation.
That’s all about how to download Xcode for PC. Feel free to leave a comment if you run into any problem downloading the app.