Wondering how to download Windows 11 for free?
Then you are in the right place.
Check out this post and learn how you can easily download Windows 11 for free on your PC.
What is Windows 11?
There was a lot of excitement when Microsoft released the all-new Windows 11 dev version, and many users can’t wait until the stable release. In this preview version, users can enjoy the new taskbar, start menu, icons, widgets, and more.
Microsoft Windows 11 comes with a lot of amazing features.
Here, we will explain how to download and install Windows 11 for free on your computer.
Before proceeding with the installation process, users are encouraged to verify if their computers meet the minimum requirements.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
Following are the system requirements to install Windows 11 on your PC:
- CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster, 2-core processor with a minimum of 2 cores, or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: At least 4 gigabytes (GB)
- Storage: 64 GB or more storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- GPU: Graphics card must be compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.x
- Display: High Definition display (720p), greater than 9” diagonally, and 8 bits per color channel
- Internet Connection and Microsoft account: Windows 11 Home edition needs internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete installation.
How to Download Windows 11 for Free on Your PC?
There are two methods by which you can download Windows 11 for free on your PC.
We will discuss both methods here. Let us see them one by one.
Install Windows 11 by joining Windows Insider Program
- Join the Windows Insider Program by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Then, click Register and Sign Up. Sign in to your Windows Insider account and click Start flighting if you’re already a member.
- Please review the Privacy Statement and terms appearing on your screen and click Submit.
- Install the current Windows 11 build from Windows Insider Settings by selecting Dev Channel and then clicking the Confirm button.
- Now, the machine will ask you to read the Microsoft Insider Privacy Statement and Agreement. After reviewing the statement and terms, click on Confirm.
- To get the new Insider Preview build, restart your machine by pressing Restart Now.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet after restarting. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- From a Microsoft server, your PC will download the latest build.
Install Windows 11 using an ISO file
- Click the Download button to download the ISO file.
- Create a bootable USB drive (with at least 16 GB of space) with Rufus. To do so, you need to download Rufus and select the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Leave all the settings as they are. Next, click on the Start button to begin flashing Windows 11 onto your USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to your computer and restart it. You can enter the boot menu by pressing the BOOT key while restarting your computer.
- Under Boot device options, you can decide to make the USB Drive the primary boot device. Your system will be booted from a USB drive or device that represents Windows 11.
- Press the Enter key to begin the Windows 11 installation process.
- Choose your preferred language, time, and keyboard input method.
- Click on the Install Now button once you have completed the above steps.
- Click on I don’t have a product key if you don’t have a product key.
- You can choose the edition of Windows 11 you want to install and the partition you want to use.
- Once you click the Next button, Windows 11 will begin installing on your computer.
- It may take several restarts for the installation to complete, so be patient.
That’s all about how to download Windows 11 for free on your PC.
Windows 11 was released as a development version before it was released as a stable version. Using method 1, users can download and install Windows 11 by signing up for the Windows Insider Program.
Using method 2, we described step-by-step how to install Windows 11 using an ISO file.
I hope you find this helpful. Comment below if you have any questions.